Help manage reception and provide information.
As a receptionist, you’ll manage ‘front-of-house’. You’ll work with other volunteers, and you’ll be supported and managed by the advice session supervisor and the administration team. You will
- greet our clients and other visitors
- ensure clients know what is happening and how long they have to wait
- explain the services on offer
- give clients leaflets, lists and self-help materials
- take records of the number of client visits and how long they wait to be seen
- keep the reception area tidy
- enter information into computer systems.
You don’t need specific qualifications and experience but you’d need to:
- be polite when talking to people
- have basic computing skills
- have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality
- be friendly and approachable.
If you’re interested in volunteering at Citizens Advice Brent, email our Training Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.