Not all clients need advice – some just need help to find the right information. Others need support to use digital services. Our information assistants provide exactly that, helping clients to use things like tablets and mobiles, PCs and kiosks. In doing so, they help build the skills and confidence of clients to find information online and use digital services like vehicle tax renewal, finding a rented property and claiming benefits. They do some or all of these activities:
- explaining the service to members of the public
- supporting clients with using self-help services including tablets, kiosks and PCs
- helping clients to identify the correct leaflet, self-help resource or service provider
- identifying when clients need to be referred for more help
- signposting clients appropriately to suit their needs following agreed protocols
- recording client numbers and issues.
Specific qualifications and experience aren’t required to take on the role. You need to be:
- competent in using IT to complete forms and conduct transactions online
- polite, friendly, open and approachable.
If you’re interested in volunteering at Citizens Advice Brent, email our Training Officer at email@example.com.